Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Wave of Challenges

I write this blog post with a heavy and sad heart. That’s why I knew it was even more important to write this post.

 

Writing is the way I draw closest to the Lord. It was my prayer years ago, and still is, that every word I write be HIS words and that they bring Him the glory. I want Him to use my pen and give me the words. This blog post is no different.

 

I also turn everything I write into a prayer journal to God. This is one of those times—underscored, italicized, and put into bold.

 

I share these thoughts with you as I hope to bring you inspiration when you go through a challenging time in life.

 

My life has not been easy. I’ve experienced a great deal. I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world. The hard times of life have made me who I am today. I don’t regret them or hold onto them as much today as I did back then. I don’t hold the past against myself or live in the past, in other words…. Except, I do my best to learn from those times.

 

Tuesday of last week, I was told that my husband’s job is being moved to the East coast. This came from out of the blue. I’ve been sad about it, but excited about it to see what God is going to do through it. What could be difficult is that it’s in less than 90 days. However, I am trusting God with that. He will find us a home and get us there. Funny side-note: The furthest I’ve ever driven is 250 miles. Now I get to drive 528 in May and then 2,278 in late June-early July. My husband will drive his car and I will drive mine. So, I will have the beagle and cat or the two turtles—depending on how we decide to divide them up at the time.

 

At any rate, I’ve been preparing to leave.

 

Then, a week later, I’ve been hit with more of life’s challenges.

 

Sigh.

 

My grandmother, Nana Lee, is dying. It’s just a matter of time. Any second/minute/day now. It won’t be a week.

 

And, I can’t get back home. There’s too much coming up…

 

I am not upset about her death. I know where she’s going. It’s a much better place and she’s suffered for YEARS with dementia. It’s time. But, I wish I could be there with my mom and family. It’s tough.

 

I know that God is allowing this at this time for a reason. I trust Him and don’t question. But, my heart is sure heavy.

 

So, as I’ve said before, I am going to turn to the Psalms. That’s where I go in times like this. I don’t know what to pray at this point. So, I’ll let David pray for me and give me the words.

 

I know I am not alone. He is with me and I have an incredible support system of family that holds me up and holds me up in prayer.

 

I know God has a plan.

 

I know God won’t give me more than I can handle.

 

It’s the timing I find difficult with at the moment. But, His timing is perfect and I will trust in that and without question.

 

Abba, be with Nana and family.

Let Nana finally let go… It’s in Your name I pray.

Amen.

 

~ Stacy Duplease

No comments:

Post a Comment