Friday, April 1, 2011

News of Change

The past couple of days, I’ve hinted at some major things which have happened in my life. I don’t know if you picked up on that or now. But, my husband and are I moving this summer. His work has called him elsewhere. So, east coast here we come! It was not what we anticipated at all. But, God has never asked me what I wanted. I trust Him completely. He knows far better than me. He has a reason and I am thrilled to watch His purposes unveiled.

 

Needless to say, the winds of change are blowing.

 

Change brings two different opposite reactions at the same time to me. I don’t want to leave my friends who have become like family. But, I am thrilled and excited at the opportunity of a new beginning and watching God work in my life, through my life, and around my life in new and different ways.

 

I am not upset with God at all and I am not questioning at all. I am trusting. I know He is bigger and can handle all of this far better than I can. As a matter of fact, He formed this plan before He laid the foundations of the earth. Thus, who am I to get in the way, get upset, question, or anything else? But trust Him and keep the faith in Him instead. He’s got it.

 

My reaction is shocking to me. I don’t know when I got so mature. (I still have a lot to learn and mature, by the way! I am far from perfected in that area.) This is something that I want to pursue, reflect upon, and so on. When did I get a stronger faith? Normally, I would be an emotional wreck. I would be FREAKED OUT about how we have less than three months to find a home, pack up, and move across the country—where I don’t have a social network. But, I’m not. I am trusting God. Now, I pray this trust will continue.

 

Then, there’s the less mature side… I ache for having to leave my family/friends here in Nebraska… That’s the tough part.

 

I am curious about trying to figure out my reaction in this situation. When did I get so firm in my faith? Is it just with this area or with all? Lord, help me apply this faith to all areas in my life from here on out. I usually fall short. I am glad it’s different at the moment. Now, I need to try to make this continue.

 

Journal Questions:

How about you? Do you shock yourself sometimes with how you handle situations? (I know I usually do, but to the negative. This is a rarity for me.)

Does God shock you at times?

Do you like change?

How do you react to change?

How is your faith and trust in God?

 

~ Stacy Duplease

Remembering Your Present, LLC and pj4life (Prayer Journaling for Life)

Author of Biblical Fiction, Bible Studies, and Devotionals

 

Email: Pj4life1@gmail.com

dorlchronicles@gmail.com

 

Blogs:

http://pj4life1.blogspot.com

http://reststill.blogspot.com

http://dorlchronicles.blogspot.com

http://fictionfaith.blogspot.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment